Here is the List of Top 54 CSS (Cascading Style Sheet) Interview Questions and Answers to reveals the concept of CSS(Cascading Style Sheet) and CSS 3.
1.What is meant by CSS ?
CSS is the full form of Cascading Style Sheets and it gives the styles to web pages based on the user requirements.
2. What are the versions of CSS available?
- CSS 1
- CSS 2
- CSS 3
3. What are the features of the CSS ?
It is simple language used to change appearance your webpages.
It makes your webpage more presentable
It is client side scripting language
We can able to embed CSS into HTML
It is a case sensitive
It is a global web standards
4. What is syntax of the CSS?
In this selector is used to select which type of html tag.
5. What are the types of CSS?
6. What is meant by Inline CSS ?
We can able to apply style sheet within the html tag using style attribute.
7. What is meant by Internal CSS?
We can apply stylesheet within the html document using <style> </style>
8. Mention How to use the External CSS?
We create a seperate file and style sheet then save the filename.css.After that embedded the CSS file into HTML using
<link rel=”stylesheet” href=”filename.css</link>
9. What is the main advantages of the External CSS?
The main advantages of the External CSS is to apply external CSS to multiple web pages.
10. What are the properties are used in the CSS ?
11. Mention the whole properties used in the CSS?
12. What are the features used in the CSS Background?
13. Is it possible to set the background size in CSS?
Yes, It is possible to set the background size in CSS by using Height and weight.
14. What are the types of options in CSS for Background repeat?
Repeat – X
Repeat – Y
15. What are the four types to set the background position?
16. What are the way to set the background attachment?
17. What are the properties of font in CSS?
18. What is meant by font weight in CSS?
Font weight is used to give the weight to fonts which mean texts.
19. What is meant by font-family in CSS?
Not only in CSS in designing world we are using the font to the text to appear in different styles.
Arial, san-serif, Helvetica
20. What are the features of TEXT properties in CSS?
21. What are the options available in Text-transform ?
22. What are the options are available in Text-Decoration?
23. What are the features available in the Border properties?
24. What is meant by Z-index?
Z-index used to display overlapped content from forward to backward or backward to forward.
Z-index : -1; (backward)
Z-index : 1 (forward)
25. What is the use of Opacity in CSS?
Opacity is used to reduce the brightness of the object. It values are 0.1 to 1.
26. What is the use of the Float in CSS?
It is used to display the content in horizontal way for different tag format.
float:left(it is used for left side arrangement)
float:right(it is used for right side arrangement)
27. What is the use of the Clear property in CSS?
Clear is used to clear the float property.The syntax of the clear property is
28. What is the use of the overflow in CSS?
Overflow is used to place the content with the specified width and height which is also create a scrollbar.
29. What is the use of the word-wrap in CSS?
It is used to breaks the content when specified width is reached.
30. What are the features are involved in the display properties?
Display : inline
Display : block
Display : list-item
Display : table-row
Display : table-cell
Display : none
Visibility : hidden
It is used to removes the content but space will be there in the webpage.so this is the use of the visibility:hidden in css.
32. What is the difference between display:inline and display:block?
It is used to arrange the content in the horizontal way with space.
It is used to arrange the content in the vertical way.
33. What is the speciality of the none option in Display properties?
None is used to remove the content with space.
34. Is it padding and margin will accept the negative value?
Yes, Both the padding and margin will accept the negative value in the CSS.
35. What is meant by Padding in CSS?
Padding is the process of creating the space between the element and also space between the content and border.
36. What is meant by Box Model?
In HTML and CSS each and every element is associated with the Box Model. It is the relationship between outline,margin,padding.
It is used to remove the content but space will be there.
38. What are the types of selectors in CSS?
39. What is meant by Universal selector in CSS?
It apply styles to all HTML tags in your document.The syntax of universal selector is
40. Mention the Tag selector syntax in CSS?
41. What is meant by ID selector in CSS?
Id means identification. It should be unique and we can’t able to reuse the id name while using in the coding.
42. What is meant by class selector?
It is same as id selector.But we can reuse the class name for grouping purpose.
43. What is meant by descendent selector in CSS?
Descendant means descending. Style will apply to direct or indirect parent child relationship.
44. What is meant by pseudo selector in CSS?
It is used to gives the special features to element in the coding world.
45. What is meant by child selector in CSS?
It is same as descendant selector. But style will apply to direct parent child relationship.
Parent-tag > child tag
46. What is meant by grouping selector in CSS?
We can group multiple tags,class name, id etc…. And it is seperated by comma.
47. What is meant by Attribute selector in CSS?
Style will be apply based on tagname, attributes and value.
48. What is meant by CSS 3?
It is the latest and updated versions of CSS. It is mainly used for animation and responsive web page using media queries.
49. What is the disadvantages of CSS 3?
It runs only in updated browsers
We want to add keywords in prefix of your CSS property based on browsers
50. What are the properties of CSS 3?
51. In CSS 3 text how many types are involved?
Stroke (It is border on the text)
Clip (It is the image on the text)
52. What is the use of the animation in CSS 3?
It is change the color,image, and css property value alternatively.Animation properties are mentioned here for your reference
53. What is the use of the column in CSS and mention it’s properties?
It is used to split content in multiple columns.
54. What are the types of gradient in CSS?
There are types of gradient in css.
55. What is the use of the transition in CSS?
It is used to control the speed of the content for which you want control while you are creating the web pages.
56. What is the use of transform in CSS?
Transform is used to move object from one location to another locations.
57. What is meant by media queries in CSS?
It is used to create a responsive web design (RWD). While users using the mobile to visit the website this property mostly used.
58. What are the methods are involved in transform?